Body scrubs definitely fall under the ‘inexpensive, easy to make gifts’ category. And, with the holiday’s right around the corner, it’s a fun one for the kids to make for Mom or a teacher. You can customize the scrub with oils and scents.
- Sea Salt (fine ground)* OR Epsom salt (1 cup)
- Oil: almond, grapeseed, avocado, coconut, sunflower OR olive oil (½ cup)
- Essential Oil (5 -10 drops) OR an Extract (1 tsp.):
- Lavender essential oil (soothing) or
- Peppermint (energizing), or
- Orange (stimulating),
- Lemon (clarity)
- Sandlewood (warm and woody)
- For a little textured look you could add: lavender petals, citrus peel (orange or lemon), small peppermint leaves.
- For nourishing the skin a bit more add 1 tsp. of just one or all: rosehip oil, shea butter, aloe vera
*if you have sensitive or dry skin, substitute sugar (for the salt). Sugar is a little gentler on the skin.
Mix all the ingredients in dry bowl and then put into a glass jar… for a gift, add a fancy ribbon and your own special note.